Almost at year end – One show to go!
Trending topics of the week:
• Airports stepping up. Optimising Airport Operations, increasing efficiencies and reducing costs as well as touchless processing.
• Possible – Innovative market bubble in 2021 as so many good and new tech options have or are being created. By an expert option rather than create internally. Specialise more – generalise less.
• Dilemma, challenge or progression? — Balance between privacy & protection of data. Opportunities with biometrics, telematics, etc.
• Uncertainty is prevalent – prepare and comply — competence based
• Joint guidelines form EASA & ECDC. Passengers do not need to be treated as high risk
• M&A activity could flow freely in 2021 –
• Consolidation is expected – QR/CEO
• Hamad International Airport receives first ME airport to get 5 star C-19 Airport Safety Rating
• Great initiative in AUH with EY and the HOPE consortium – Global Vaccine Distribution HUB – EY/SkyCell/AUH Ports Group/Rafed
• Positive announcements of bringing workforces back full time on full pay – Q2 2021 – Dublin Airport
• Continued senior management moves. Positive to see change and opportunities from within the industry.
o From Easyjet to Wizzair
o From Vuelling to Wizzair
o Within Easyjet
• Christmas Present suggestion – TURBULANCE written by David Banmiller from Malahide Press (Covering 50 years on the leading edge – a great look back)