Topical session with Michael in light of the recent shipment of mobiles catching fire in HKG.
Another warning sign – another investigation. How will it influence what must be done?
A basket full of Why’s?
• Why do these things keep happening?
• Why do we not get together and make some clear rules and expectations?
• Why do we allow organisations to avoid regulation or license if involved in transportation of goods by Air / Sea/ Rail or road?
• Why do governments not make a stand?
• Why does the entire supply chain be allowed to avoid required best practice?
• Why is the ‘green back’ able to influence controls to such a degree?
• Why do we not have smart data transparency to ‘assist’ the system in reducing risk?
• Why is there not more relevant and detailed training for all parties coming in contact or touching / deciding on how, when, and where to load or build a pallet/container?
• Why do we not focus on Just Culture promotion more and more?
• Why does C-Suite not take detailed notice in training and competence as well as control and accountability?
• Why does the industry not just say NO and enough is enough?
• Why is eComm and POST allowed to bypass normal restrictions and compliance guidelines?
• Why is there so much Lithium Battery Debate, because if we don’t act it could be too late!
As always with Michael – a great exchange of opinion, ideas and consideration.