Glyn Hughes – Director General for TIACA
A great move for Glyn and a seamless transition and transfer from his IATA years.
Glyn is always positive and focused on the key issues;
• How well the Cargo business has done & the profile of Cargo and the Supply Chain
• Big shout out to the industry Journalists who have tirelessly reported on key stories and the positive impact Cargo has had globally along with the people that make it happen at every airport and in all conditions 24/7 — Much respect!
o 2000 pax planes used as ‘preighters’
o 250-300 aircraft being converted at short notice and having seats removed and tracks installed to cater for Cargo
• Business Sustainability
• On-Line ‘CSQ’ – Cargo Service Quality
• A white paper on transportation
• ICAO safe supply chain
• Cargo Pulse
• Digitization — a culture of learning & commitment along with Leadership, which must change as so many of the previous norms’ have changed as well.
• Up skilling / cross skilling & new skilling
• Vaccines and the ‘point of production to the point of the needle’ – a global collaborative effort required
• Vaccine passport discussion
• Operation Sunrays
We wish Glyn the very best of success in his new role.
Music used: Distant Lands – Hanu Dixit.mp3