Turbulence – David Banmiller
Session 11 – Chapter 9 – Advancing Technology
From the Flintstones to Fantastic –
• Weight and Balance – Center of gravity
• PAX positioning for take-off
• From Magnetic Compasses to Bonfires on the runways for night landing
• Maps and Charts – Radio and Radar to Autopilot capability to 3D landing assistance
• From wood and cloth to better lightweight alloys and now composites
How things have changed!
• Retractable landing gear
• Pressurized cabins
• How the cockpit has changed – From analogue & dials/sliders/levers
Introduction to a new word – Bragadoshia!