TURBULENCE — our 4th instalment
Another chapter another session with David Banmiller – Aviation veteran and Author.
Chapter 3 – ‘At the Airport’
Putting things in perspective: 2019 – Labor Day in the US — 17 Million Travellers passed through airports in the US alone.
How surreal things are now — ghost towns!
• We talk about the Airport Ecosystem – the people that work in each Airport town or city,
o Airline reps / Gate agents / Maintenance / Baggage handlers / Cleaners / Caterers / Fuellers / De-Icers — big respect & recognition
• How the Passenger experience has changed — aiming for a touchless process
• From waiting for our ticket in the mail to multiple o-line changes and flexibility if required
• Smoking at the back of the planes — no more hello / good-byes at the gates
• Security regulations
• Charges for your bags
• Landing fees
• Regional differences in Airports — HUB’s mega terminals
• Recognising some great individuals —
o Gordon the ex-San Diego Chargers …….
o The perfect customer services agent – George Hammersley
• Treat People how you would like to be treated — Food for thought as we hope to move from this pandemic soon —
• Bring Back Better & with CARE
Music used: Distant Lands – Hanu Dixit.mp3