Turbulence Chapter 2 – In The Cabin
We talk about different times – past times – almost a different world where awareness and correctness were not considered.
• From Glamour in the skies to:-
o Business in the skies
o Open skies
o Anyone can fly – affordability
o Now – almost no fly
o We can’t wait to fly!
• How advertising was pitched – Uniform, excitement, adventure
• How customer service has developed – From Golf Balls and Cigars to no food and limited seat space
• What is expected from the many flight options we now have
• The 4 R principles now at the forefront of the business:-
o RIGHT-SIZE FLEET
o RESTRUCTURING THE BUSINESS
o RECAPTURING THE BUSINESS
o ROUTE ANALYSIS/REVIEW/MODIFY
• Bravery of firsts –
o Casey Grant
o Vietnam ‘rest and recuperation’ flights – letter from Rick!
o Bomb threats
o Sept 11 –
AA flight 11
UA flight 93
Music used: Distant Lands – Hanu Dixit.mp3