Anyone with video links will see The Gentlemen at Ascot and the Caveman in Spain!
Steven looking like royalty!
Ref to Geoffrey Wade as well as Stuart Maddox and Andy Clemson of Calibrate.
Training: Too much, too little, too many choices, too many variables, and variances to competence and retention of knowledge.
• Tick box & accreditation driven and many times the wrong people sent
• The need for Modernized Leadership and Coaching as well as how to measure the impact
• Some basics to review as we build back better:
-Involve the employees in what is needed and why and what to expect – again with the WHY’s being communicated
-How to measure the benefits and impact of the training?
-Follow up after set periods to ascertain value and retention of knowledge – impact on the business
-Confidence in developing those that can and those that could – at any time in their career
• Blended option – competency-based
• Train leaders better and encourage a coaching culture from them
• Invest in the staff also to understand pressures of leaders and why to support and enable is part of the bigger picture
• Minimum expectation documents and setting improvement targets are key – dashboard reporting – visual signs of success
• Lasting behaviour needs coaching
• A competence and capability MOT on a regular basis
• GREAT OPPORTUNITIES AHEAD.