Another week and 1 week closer to our 1 year anniversary of the show. A ‘Fool & Horses’ reference to start with.
Little did we know back then that this damn pandemic would have such an effect on us all!
As we approach the week that introduces March and the end of Q1 — POSITIVE SHOOTS OF SPRING AWAIT…
Positive shout out for Captain Tom – what a man and a man of the hour when he was needed – will be laid to rest today and what a legacy of inspiration he leaves behind.
Politicians, tabloid press should learn to speak from positions of data driven detail and not from their South Pole regions.
Many a poor statement delivered when in a situation of not knowing what we don’t know!
We also discuss:
• 737 Max – DOT Inspector General report and recommendations – the need to be aware of same parties validating and verifying – a lesson across all accreditation and certification exercises
• IAG recognition of Cargo Importance – Lynne Embleton soon to be EI CEO – good luck in the new position
• Positive results for ATLAS & Chapman Freeborn & all Cargo business units
• High yields – need a balance to allow sustainability across the sector – do not return to a race to the bottom
• IATA – Return mission
• Slots waiver
• Norwegian and canx of Airbus Aircraft orders
• New testing development – quicker, faster & more in line with process efficiencies -Toronto Airports ‘Point of need’ tetsing
• Emphasise commitment from the top to change as we ‘Bring Back Better’ & ‘Bounce Back Better’
• Training and support need to be reviewed from a collaborative and cost-effective perspective
• People will want to focus on LIFE, FUN , TRAVEL, ENTERTAINMENT and MAKING MEMORIES with FRIENDS & FAMILY
o “Those that serve need to give their very very best”
o “Those that are being served need to give respect and encouragement as well as appreciation”
• As Captain Tom said ‘Tomorrow will be a better day’
Music used: Distant Lands – Hanu Dixit.mp3