2021 – SECOND WEEK – SECOND SHOW
So much news and so much blues.
CV-19 still holding us all and our business in a strangle hold.
Different responses – different approaches and different impacts.
However — POSITIVE signs of how reaction will cascade once more positive news arrives — higher vaccinations, less cases, coming out of winter etc..
The light is back on in the tunnel!
Thank heavens for the Vaccine debate as without the multiple vaccine’s options – our tomorrows would be very overcast indeed.
Great respect and appreciation to all those dealing with direct frontline covid cases.
• Industry Teamwork and Collaboration – an energetic exchange on why the industry MUST come together now and stop competing on various hygiene or sanitization score cards / criteria for awards and certain PR campaigns
o We must hunker down as a Team and grow the cake together and then decide on the slices and sizes..
• Airports and Industry sectors need to be consistent and clear – then ensure competence and compliance so that consumers can see effective control.
• Testing still a debate – on departure / on arrival / levels of immunity, – how to demonstrate effectiveness?
o IATA looking into best way forward
o IATA Travel Pass
o Should crews be deemed frontline critical worker staff and have access to vaccines?
o Is the debate around who decides on who is a critical worker?
• Will there be a scenario of No Vaccine, No fly or No Vaccine no Restaurant/no theatre / no concert / no cruise etc?
o Differences of opinion / different motivations
• Options for some countries to allow visitors with vaccine to enter and support economies reliant on tourism whilst addressing internal infection rates and vaccine rollout.
• A little touch on politicians and references to types of virus
• Ridiculous repercussions in some areas to Brexit – the infamous ham sandwich..!! Is this necessary or even newsworthy.
• Norwegian Canx long haul routes – more woes for LGW and especially regional airports in US
• Other industry threats :
o Data breaches — Always just another threat away!
o Surveys and customer experience memory impact — how will the consumer respond when business options / choices return i.e. refund policies
DOWNLOAD: To get all the latest episodes, download the Apple podcast, Spotify or your favourite podcast application and search for The EVA podcast or Chris Notter.
Music used: Distant Lands – Hanu Dixit.mp3